Hi! I'm Graham. I'm an indie game developer from Boston with over a decade of game development experience. I'm currently at Spry Fox working on a cozy non-violent MMO. I help organize the Boston Unity Group meetup, maintain the industry-standard Recast navmesh and navigation library, and am part of the Indie Game Collective.
In my career I've worked on everything from AAA action RPGs to MMOs to mobile puzzle games to cutting-edge conversational AI systems. Most recently, I led an engineering team of 8 on Cozy Grove, a relaxing, story-driven game which shipped on iPhone, iPad, appleTV, macOS, PC, Switch, Xbox One, and PS4 in 2020.
- Unannounced MMO 202X, Spry Fox
- Cozy Grove 2020, Spry Fox
- Steambirds Alliance 2019, Spry Fox
- Alphabear 2 2018, Spry Fox
- Alphabear 2015, Spry Fox
- Middle-earth, Shadow of War 2017, Monolith
- Fieldrunners 2 2012, Subatomic Studios
- Fieldrunners 2008, Subatomic Studios
- Recast Navigation Core maintainer and contributor. Industry-standard automatic navmesh generation and AI navigation system for games. Shipped in many indie and AAA titles as well as Unity, Unreal and Godot.
- Dark Config Core maintainer and contributor. A configuration library for games which supports fast and expressive iteration using YAML and JSON.
- Voorhees Creator. A C# library optimized for working with large amounts of JSON efficiently in games. Supports reading, writing and object-mapping with a focus on memory and CPU efficiency.
- Tilde Creator. A polished developer console for Unity that supports remote control via a web interface.
- Boston Unity Group (BUG) Along with two of my colleagues, I help run the Unity users group here in Boston. BUG was the first official Unity user group and is one of the largest communities of Unity developers in the world. We have over 2600 members and have been consistently meeting monthly since 2009. Our meetings are a mix of technical presentations, project post-mortems, tutorials, demo nights, and networking events. Recordings of recent events can be found on our YouTube.
- Boston Game Dev A group dedicated to promoting, nurturing and growing the New England game industry. We run a thousand-member slack community, host a number of regular events and meetups, organize press and community events around PAX East and The Boston Festival of Indie Games, and promote local developers, companies and games through our website and press outreach.
- Indie Game Collective (IGC) A nonprofit volunteer group of Boston indie developers that offers mentorship, education, and support services for students, recent grads and underrepresented developers in the local game industry. To this end, we've worked directly with many nonprofits, universities and organizations such as Mass Digi, WPI, Becker College, MIT, Fitchburg State University, Pixelles and others.